Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pages and pages

I had some creative time this past Friday and got to paint/draw, etc on old book pages. I'm using an old Peter Rabbit storybook which is in pretty bad shape.. Its great fun to try and I'm not throwing it away, I look at it as recycling.




I have been painting more in my own abstract style and getting so much pleasure from doing that. Its really freeing and incredibly fun. I am all for realism but those days are gone for me. It is so much less fun to paint that way, for me. I used to really enjoy it but became so incredibly critical of myself and wanted to find out where I can go with my art. Who knows where I end up!

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

6 comments:

painted fish studio said...

do what feels good! love your pages.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Jen:))
Guess what today it? MiniMart! I'm going over a little later, its nuts there! (as you know)

lori vliegen said...

it looks like great things are going on in this storybook! i definitely think that peter rabbit would be pleased!! fabulous, fun pages!! xoxo

Unknown said...

LOL! Thank you Lori.

Koosje Koene said...

Recycling is an understatement. These are great! The combination with the peter rabbit text makes it extra fun.

Unknown said...

Oh thank you Koosje! Appreciate your comment and thanks for visiting my blog:)