Tuesday, November 22, 2011

AEDM ~ Day 22 A Lesson in India Ink






I finished my cover this morning. I started on it last night and was so upset that I had ruined the front of my journal! But I kept at it and now I am satisfied. I just kept adding and adding. I had to laugh because Pauline's blog post yesterday was all about this exact process!



I recently bought india ink at Blicks, after being pursuaded by my favorite salesman there. I haven't used this in such a long time but I remember in college using a brush so I took out my worst one because I was afraid of what the ink would do to a good one. After reading the bottle I found out that its waterproof . Now I need to get some brush soap, I think. I'm happy with the results and am going to put a set of colored inks on my Christmas list. That or a gift card:)





This past weekend I went to a fantastic Christmas fair. It's at a small church near to my parents' home. They have the best stuff there! I got this terrific composition notebook with the cover (check out the inside flap and pocket on front) for [get this] $3.00! The prices are too low! They had a homemade table runner for $7! You've gotta love it.
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

9 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

Your cover looks fabulous! I just took a break from a project that is taunting me. I thinks it's serendipitous that I ended up at at post about seeing a project through!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I love, love, love your cover. It is gorgeous.... and thank you, so much, for commenting on my blog post for today!

pauline said...

oh Fran... and she calls ME talented! This is so lovely. i LOVE your choice of color. I finally had time to go through more of your blog. Your work is beautiful. The handmade stamps are incredible.

i know very little about india ink, but judging by what i see here, it's a MUST-try. Great job!!

happy AEDM

Serena Lewis said...

I think your cover looks beautiful! The colours are so pretty together too. I'm glad it worked out to your satisfaction.

Gwen said...

The journal cover is fab!
It was worth keeping on at it:)
xx

Tracey FK said...

the cover looks great and maybe I need to re visit inks... had a terrible experience with inks in college as well... you are really very talented and I am loving my visits xx

Unknown said...

thanks for everyone's comments. Your visits mean so much to me!! thank you:) AEDM has been terrific and given me a way to come into contact with so many artists!!

Kathleen Conard said...

I really like this journal cover! I am learning that sometimes if I just keep at it, I end up with something I really like. I have also found the opposite : ) The colors are so pretty and the design is really fun!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kathleen :) I find that too.. sometimes a little is enough and other times I have to keep at it!