Thursday, November 24, 2011

AEDM Day 24 ~ White on White collage [Happy Thanksgiving]


This Is How We Do It
I've put the final touchs on my collage today! The group at Art(that Matters) is presenting a show called White On White and it was decided that all art is to be all white. Since I do watercolor primarily I knew I'd have to venture out of my comfort zone if I were to do something following that criteria. I went to Home Depot and picked all the paint chips in the white section. There were hundreds of whites!! So I made this collage then painted over with some white acrylic paint. I glued it all down on to a masonite board. I like how it came out. Not sure if I'll attempt another collage soon, its alot of work!

We took our little trip into the city to see the parade and I took loads of photos. I'll post all of them on my Flickr photostream later this evening. Here are a few favorites:

We took the LIRR into Penn. It was early :) Joey's looking tired!

70th Street and CPW... They were out in full force!
 


Beautiful day for a parade!

detail

Broadway

Tree at the Althrop Building , Upper West Side

Chestnuts are out, that means Christmas is here!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

9 comments:

Lorinda.C.F said...

Love the idea of using paint chips. So very clever!

painted fish studio said...

really love the collage!

Gwen said...

I love collages too and white can be very evocative. There is so much detail here!
xx

Unknown said...

Lorinda - Thank you for your comment, love to see you visit!

Unknown said...

THank you Jen, I really appreciate your compliment! hope your doing well!

Unknown said...

Thank you Gwen!!

aimee said...

i LOVE this! putting this idea on my to-try list. if I manage to do it, I will link right back to you!

Tracey FK said...

love the collage and the experience looks huge... I mean huge... kids and crowds... you are braver than I am but so glad you had fun xx

Anonymous said...

I'm a color-lover, so I'm kinda surprised to say this--but I REALLY like the white on white collage. It looks great!