Saturday, May 5, 2012

3 of 29 Faces

My second portrait attempt. I had a photo from
Christmas of my neice Emily (aka Nina).
Emily at Christmas
I used a micron sketch to start and then added
the watercolor. I don't think the pinks in her face are as
strong in the actual painting than how they look here.
I just did the scan and the image wasn't color-corrected.
Micron drawing  first
 And, still the eyes are too big :) 
One of many things to work on.. :)  
Have a terrific Saturday and thanks for stopping by!
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

6 comments:

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Awww... this is adorable!
Great portrait, Fran.
You work miracles with those hands. :]
Keep "arting" ((hugs))

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Sweet portrait … and I love the "duct tape flower" notation!

Face Of Love said...

Lovely portrait Fran, great flower too :)

Serena Lewis said...

She's adorable! Great job on the portrait, Fran!

Unknown said...

April - thank you so much! i am so glad you did this challenge as well! Your work is so inspiring!

Sunshineshelle said...

Just popped in & saw your first three faces I really think this is a fav but love them all :)