Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Fun

What a super gorgeous weekend we had here in New York. The weather was just amazing! The ride upstate was beautiful, its so lovely and bucolic up there. Every where you look you want to photograph because its so lush and green. On the way home, we stopped at a greenhouse that specializes in orchids. I picked up a yellowy pinky phalenopsis, to go along with my white-burgandy one the boys got me on Mother's Day. I plan on painting one or both soon before I kill them.

I went to pick up some things at Blick today. I love that damn place:) I bought some new brushes, more Microns :D and some other goodies, spending some birthday cash I received. I came home and was meaning to paint but started collaging and stamping.
 I didn't get a single portrait done this weekend, oh well:) Back to it tomorrow.
Here are some photos of what I worked on today, what fun I had!


I love making these tags. I have to find a craft I can utilize them for, all I can think of using them for is scrapping and adding to gifts when I wrap them.

I decorated some brown Moleskine sketch books I bought at Blicks with my homemade stamps


I think I like this one best:)

The cover of this journal below has this image I really like.
It shows two boatsmen along the shore in this Japanes illustration.
This bit of an image is from a brochure I got at the mall at the Teavana store.
I knew it would come in handy!
This is the front of a mini journal that I collaged,
 the inside papers are not added yet.
More work needed on this!
Here is another journal I started a few weeks back by paper-ing it up.
Today Iadded all the details to the cover.
This a Ronzoni Ziti box, you can see the 'window' right under the bird and top purple swirl. Peeking through is the little envelope I made for the back of the journal. Almost done I have to addthe paper inside still.
I like the scrap papers I used on this. I forget the brand but its so nice.
A little spot to tuck in notes or fortunes.

I am still on a bird kick. They are so popular, every where you turn around there is a bird on something LOL!
Take good care of yourself and I hope you had a lovely weekend!


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

8 comments:

Rita said...

There's nothing better to spend birthday money on than art and craft supplies! I love Dick Blick!!

You've made such pretty things. I wondered what you would do with that pasta box--LOL! Awesome!

Maybe you could count bird and bee faces. ;)

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

WONDERFUL!!
Looks like you are enjoy yourself, what fun.
Dick-Blick is the perfect way to treat yourself, and as a birthday treat, YOU BETCHA!! :]
Really enjoy looking over your artful handmade goodies.
Such lovely collage, stamping, watercolor... "goodness".
Thank you for sharing Fran. Very inspiring. ((hugs))
Happy Monday!

Karyna @ PaperSquid said...

These are great, love the journals.

And yeah, I love dick blick, though they dont have one here :(
(woe is me, lol).

But when I was at my friends in L.A recently i was like a kid in a candy store.

:)

Jeanette, Mistress of Longears said...

Fantastic textures - you had a very productive time!

Terrie said...

Your journal covers are great - they've given me some ideas for my blank AB cover! I feel the same way about tags - haven't made many because I'm not sure how I'd use them .... let me know if you figure it out! :)

Your IA p/c is in the mail :)

Lorinda.C.F said...

Oh my gosh, SO much goodness Fran! Think I'm glad we don't have a Dick Blick...sounds like too much fun.

Yvonne said...

What I love most - besides the fact that these are so beautiful - is that you stretch yourself in different media AND subjects!! Totally impressed AND inspired :D

Albert said...

What a brilliant post, thanks so much for sharing this with us!

canvas art prints